The 4 C's to Growing your Leadership Capacity:
"The fog of ambiguity is the default state in an organization." - Karen Martin
Leaders have to work at being clear in an organization.
Clear with our purpose, values and priorities.
Where you need to work on Clarity:
- Purpose: What is your WHY?
- Priorities: What are the 3 to 5 things in your organization that need to get done in the next 90 days?
- Process: Be clear on the key processes in your office
- Performance: Identify 10 to 15 performance metrics
- Problems: Are you working on the root causes of these issues, instead of only focussing on the symptoms?
- Personal Clarity
#3-C: Expand your Connections
"You are the average of the four people you surround yourself with."
- Is there a connection you need to cut from your life that is perhaps negative or brings you down?
- Ask and find a WHO to help
#4-C: Building your Confidence
More is never good enough.
- Don't be so hard on yourself
- Don't fall in the comparison trap. Measure yourself against yourself; don't compare yourself to other people.
- You have Time. Think of how much you have grown. Don't underestimate how much you can do in 2 to 3 decades.
What you need to work on the most:
- Forging your COURAGE
- Improving your CLARITY
- Expanding your CONNECTIONS
- Building your CONFIDENCE